Friday, May 21, 2010

A Confession

I must admit, my dear readers, that I have been misleading you over the last few weeks:

I have not been truly single. I was actually dating a gentleman who I will call Exotic Frog, as he hails from a mysterious, far-away land.

And yes, he has an accent. And is extremely sweet and patient and understanding and attractive...pretty much perfect in every way.

Except that he's...well...

Boring.

This guy carries on a conversation the way a rusty bucket carries water; he tries, but it just doesn't work. He has the uncanny ability to answer the most probing, open-ended questions with a simple yes or no before steering the conversation to such fascinating topics as "How was your day?" and "What class do you have tomorrow?"

I've never understood when people say that they like bad boys- it seemed so stupid. Why in the world would any girl in her right mind push aside a sweet, wonderful guy in favor of an asshole?

Well, now I know. At least assholes are entertaining.

At least I get good stories out of assholes.

In any case, I ended it with Exotic Frog this weekend, so now I'm free to go on even more miserable dates for your reading pleasure!

But first, stay tuned for Part II of the Spring Break from Hell...coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment