Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Modest Proposal

Loyal Readers, I am happy to inform you that Librarian Frog has been officially dumped back into the dating pond.

But not without a final dose of supreme awkwardness...

Sunday afternoon marked Date #4, and I was completely prepared to enjoy a delicious lunch (because I picked the restaurant) and then politely inform Librarian that I did not ever want to see him again.

But my plan was foiled when I turned the corner to the restaurant and saw him waiting outside

with flowers.

Call me a softy, but I just can't bring myself to tell a guy who has just brought me flowers to take a hike...

So we finally reach the end of the date. He attempts to make out with me in front of the building where the family I was about to meet for a potential babysitting job lives, then he proceeds to grab my shoulders, look me straight in the eyes, and say

"I think we should make this official"

wha wha wha WHAT?!?!?!

My incredibly eloquent response? "I...ummm...gotta go!"

At which point I turned, ran into the building, gave the flowers to my potential employer (it was, coincidentally, her birthday, so bonus points for me!) and began to draft the "it's not you...well, actually, it is you" email that I sent today.

2 comments:

  1. No, no, no, we're going to need stats, data, facts, figures! What happened with him? Why'd he get the old heave ho? Not that he was undeserving, I'm sure he was, Lord KNOWS they love to mess it up - but still! You're leaving us hanging! Details woman! Why's this frog gotta go?

    (Maybe I'm just nosy! ;-) lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so to remind myself of who Librarian Frog was I went back and read the previous post...never mind...it's pretty apparent...the man reeked of desperation...I feel ya, as you were...on to the next one...

    Sidenote: I'm back on Plenty of Fish...is this really what dating looks like *smh* so sad...

    ReplyDelete